This module facilitates reflection and analysis of your prior experience of sport and/or exercise to enable the exploration of this specialist area in the context of evidence based practice. The module aims to bring health professionals and individuals with an expressed interest in health together. Through collaborative learning and critical evaluation of approaches currently used in sport and exercise client/patient management may be maximized. The impact of governing bodies and government policy on practice within organisations at local, national and international level will be explored. Assessment and management issues associated with different client groups will be examined to encompass individual/team, novice/elite, leisure /competition and able bodied/disabled dimensions of sport and exercise.
By the end of the module you should be able to:
- Critically analyse the individual and collective roles of health and sports professionals working within sport and exercise for health
- Justify the assessment and management approach adopted with different patient/client groups
- Critically evaluate personal role in patient/client management within the context of own work/practice
- Critically evaluate patient/client management within sport and health
- Discuss the implications of government and or governing bodies on practice in sport and exercise
Module Attendance Required
Please note this module will not be running this year.
100% Written assignment. Analysis of sport and exercise provision in a defined area / location and proposal for implementation of development. 3000 words.
Stand Alone Course
This module can be taken as a stand alone course if required. To apply, please contact the Programme Administrator:
Telephone: +44 (0)121 414 3126
Fee if taken as a stand alone course
For further information on fees please contact the Programme Administrator
Entry requirements if taken as a stand alone course
For further information on requirements please contact the Programme Administrator