You can pay using the University of Birmingham's Bank Transfer Platform powered by our partner Western Union Business Solutions. This service is available to all students home and overseas. If you are an international student this service allows you to make payment in your local or recognised currency and from your home bank account, without worry about exchange rates or bank charges.
Simply enter your ID number and details, the amount you want to pay, your chosen currency and you will be supplied a quote for the amount in your local currency. This quotation is guaranteed for 72 hours during which time you should instruct your bank to transfer funds to Western Union Business Solutions who then will forward the sterling payment to the University of Birmingham.
Benefits of Western Union:
- No transaction charges
- Favourable exchange rates compared to most banks
- Reduced bank fees because transfer is initiated locally
- Full payment amount received by University of Birmingham
To make your payment go to: https://student.globalpay.wu.com/geo-buyer/unibham
- Should you have any questions about this process, please contact the University of Birmingham by email@example.com or phone +44 (0)121 414 6074
- If you have an queries regarding your payment, please contact Western Union Business Solutions by firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +44 (0)1733 871 871. Let them know you are from the University of Birmingham and they will need the full student name, ID number and Payment Reference Number