Council for British Research in the Levant Travel Grants
- Level of study
- Any Postgraduate, Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Antiquity, Archaeology, Classics and Ancient History, Heritage, History, History of Art, Modern Languages and Cultures, Theology and Religion, International Relations
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU), UK
- Type of Award
- External, Research Council
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 15/01/2017 (Note: competition closed for this year)
Applicants are advised to prepare careful costings for the proposed travel expenses. Costs should be clearly itemized and justified in terms of the research or study programme. Air travel between the UK and the Levant should be budgeted at economy fare rate, which is normally below £400 (or up 3 TG1718 guidance to £500 in high season). If costs exceed £800 or the CBRL is being asked to support only a proportion of the total costs, please give details of other sources of funding, so that the CBRL may assess whether the project is viable. The CBRL’s UK Administrative Secretary must be kept informed of the results of other applications.
Value of Award
Up to £800.
Application is open to anyone who:
- is a CBRL member (you may apply for membership when you submit your application for the award); and
- is of British nationality; or
- is normally resident in the UK; or
- is registered as a student in a UK university Please note that awards cannot be made retrospectively for travel that has already begun. This means that the travel to be supported by a grant applied for in the present round of applications, for which the closing date is 15 January 2017, must not have started before 15 March 2017; if the application is successful, the grant may not be claimed before 1 April 2017.
How to Apply
Please apply using the application form on the website.