Funds for Women Graduates Foundation Grants
- Level of study
- Doctoral research
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences, Education
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU), UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
FfWG offers foundation grants to help women graduates with their living expenses (not fees) while registered for study or research at an approved institution of higher education in Great Britain . The criteria are the proven needs of the applicant and their academic calibre. For the academic year 2017-18, grants will only be given for a postgraduate doctoral award e.g. PhD or DPhil .
Value of Award
The amount of the Foundation Grant will be decided by FfWG.
Terms on which the grants are given:-
- Women graduates from Britain and overseas are eligible to apply
- They must be in their final fee paying or writing up year at postgraduate or post-doctoral level
- Any subject or field of study will be considered
- There is no upper age limit
- Evidence of ability to pay fees is required
- The competition is open to both full-time and part-time students.
- The Grants will be a contribution only towards the living expenses of one year’s academic study or research
- Grant holders must submit a written report at the end of the academic year for which the grant was awarded
How to Apply
Details of how to apply can be found on the Funds for Women Graduates website.
Doctoral Research Enquiry Service
0121 414 5005