Leverhulme Trade Charities Trust Postgraduate Bursary
- Level of study
- Any Postgraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closes 01/10/2017
Available to students connected with Commercial Travellers, Grocers or Chemists that are experiencing financial difficulty. The applicants must be resident in the UK and be the wife, widow, widower, spouse or child of somebody in that profession.
Value of Award
The maximum value of any bursary is £5,000. This amount may be adjusted according to the applicant’s personal financial need and to the amount of funds available.
The Leverhulme Trade Charities Postgraduate Bursaries are designed to provide support for eligible UK students i.e. those who are (or who are connected with) Commercial Travellers, Grocers or Chemists, in financial need undertaking full-time Postgraduate degree courses at institutions in the United Kingdom, leading to recognised qualifications (e.g. PhD/MSc). The information guidelines describe the terms of reference of the awards, and the following terms and conditions apply to all bursaries.
- Eligible students: Applicants should normally have been resident in the United Kingdom and either be (or be the son or daughter, spouse, widow or widower of) a Commercial Traveller, Chemist, or Grocer, according to the definitions (“the eligible individual”).
- Eligible courses: Any full-time postgraduate degree course at a higher or further education institution in the UK, being either a body recognised by the Secretary of State for Education and Employment for the award of a degree or a body providing courses in preparation for a degree to be granted by a recognised body.
- Eligible costs: Funds are intended for those in financial hardship requiring funds for tuition and examination fees, travel costs, study materials and accommodation.
- Financial need: Applicants must provide justification for their reasons for applying for a bursary, they must also submit with their application form the "Declaration and Justification of Financial Need" form signed by the eligible individual.
Bursaries will generally be awarded for either the whole of a postgraduate course or its remaining duration. They will not generally be awarded for periods prior to this.
The continuation of bursary payments is conditional on the student continuing their full-time registration, their satisfactory academic performance and there being no material change of their financial circumstances
For further information about eligibility and definitions please visit the Trust's website.
How to Apply
Details of the application procedure can be found on the Trust's website. The closing date for applications is 1 October. We aim to make decisions within four to six weeks after the closing date.
For more information please submit a query to Funding, Graduation & Awards through www.studenthelp.bham.ac.uk.