Health Law and the UK: Where Now After Brexit?
- Birmingham Law School
- Arts and Law, Lectures Talks and Workshops
As policy makers and lawyers grapple with the aftermath of the EU Referendum this conference explores the implications and challenges of Brexit for UK Health Law.
Papers will include 'Brexit: an opportunity to rationalise bioethics governance in the U.K.?; the impact of Brexit for public health law; “Clinical Trials in the UK: Where Now After Brexit”; the implications of Brexit for reproductive choice; “Open for Business - Risks to Public Health from International Commerce After Brexit"; “Research Regulation: A leap in the Dark”; privacy health and data protection post Brexit; and “Pharmaceutical regulation: another fine mess they’ve got us into”.
- Professor Emma Cave, Durham Law School,
- Professor John Coggon, Bristol Law School
- Dr Mairead Enright, Birmingham Law School
- Professor Graeme Laurie, University of Edinburgh
- Dr Samantha Halliday, Leeds Law School
- Professor Tamara Hervey, Sheffield Law Schools
- Dr Mark Flear, Queens University Belfast Law School
- Professor Jean McHale, Centre for Health Law Science and Policy, Birmingham Law School
- Professor Jonathan Montgomery, Faculty of Laws UCL
- Professor Chris Newdick, School of Law, University of Reading
- Professor Keith Syrett, Cardiff Law School
- Dr Mark Taylor, Sheffield Law School
Full registration details regarding the conference will be released in January 2017