The expected outcomes of EC-HVEN will include a systematic view of high value engineering in Europe and China, an established community of researchers and practitioners for high value engineering research, as well as practical guidance and enabling technologies for effective value creation based on high value engineering networks. This will contribute to the consistent growth of this body of knowledge and help researchers and practitioners to effectively capture and create opportunities in the rapidly changing global value networks.
EC-HVEN Dissemination Routes
Summary of outcomes & dissemination from 1st May 2012 to 30th April 2014
| Outcomes & dissemination
|Conference/ Working paper
WP1&2 (1 special issue, 1 journal paper, 1 conference paper)
-  Zhang, Y., Ahmed-Kristiansen, S. and Gregory, M. 2012. International Engineering Operations: New Explorations of High Value Engineering and Service. Special Issue Editorial, International Journal of Product Development, vol. 17, issue 3/4, pp. 171-173.
-  Zhang, Y. and Gregory, M. 2013. "Towards a Strategic View of Engineering Operations", Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture, volume 227, issue 6, pp. 767-780.
WP3 (3 journal papers, 5 research reports)
-  Report- China Power Pathways Beijing Oct 2013
-  Report- Evidence from study tour to Tsinghua University and Rapid Manufacturing Centre (D3.2)
-  Zhou, Y., Xu, G., Zhi, Q., Zhang, F., Minshall, T., & Su, J. (2012). Roadmapping an emerging energy technology: an ex–ante examination of dimethyl ether development in China . International Journal of Product Development, 17(3), 296-310.
-  Zhou, Y., Xu, G., Minshall, T., & Su, J. (2013). A policy dimension required for technology roadmapping: learning from the emergence of Chinese wind turbine industry . International Journal of Environment and Sustainable Development, 12(1), 3-21.
WP4 (1 journal paper, 2 conference papers)
-  Hansen, N., Zhang, Y. and Ahmed-Kristensen, S. 2013. " Viewing engineering off-shoring in a network perspective: Addressing and managing risks ", Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, vol. 24, issue 2, pp. 154-173.
-  Conference Paper- X. Li and S. Ahmed-Kristensen, (2014) Product Development in China: comparison Between Danish and Chinese companies. To be published in INTERNATIONAL DESIGN CONFERENCE - DESIGN 2014 Dubrovnik - Croatia, May 19 - 22, 2014. (D4.1)
WP5 (5 journal papers, 2 conference/working papers, 4 research reports)
-  Zhang, Y., Gregory, M. and Shi, Y. 2014. "Managing Global Engineering Networks(GEN) PART I: Theoretical Foundations and the Unique Nature of Engineering", Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture, vol.228 issue 2, pp. 163-171.
-  Zhang, Y., Gregory, M. and Shi, Y. 2014." Managing Global Engineering Networks (GEN) PART II: Case Studies and Directions for the Future Research ", Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture, vol.228 issue 2, pp. 171-180.
-  Jiebing Wu, Bin Guo, Yongjiang Shi, 2013. Customer knowledge management and IT-enabled business model innovation: A conceptual framework and a case study from China , European Management Journal Vol. 31 Iss 4, pp. 359–372.
-  Ke Rong, Yong Lin, Yongjiang Shi, Jiang Yu, 2013, Linking business ecosystem lifecycle with platform strategy: a triple view of technology, application and organisation . International Journal of Technology Management, Vol 62 Iss 1, 75-94.
-  Suli Zheng, Huiping, Li, Xiaobo Wu, Network resources and the innovation performance Evidence from Chinese manufacturing firms , 2013. MANAGEMENT DECISION, Vol 51 Iss 6, 1207-1224.
WP6 (2 books, 8 journal papers, 11 conference papers, 7 book chapters, 5 reports)
-  Zhang, Y. and Zhang, L. 2014. “ Organizing complex engineering operations throughout the lifecycle: A service-centred view and case studies” , Journal of Service Management, forthcoming.
-  He, T., Zhang, Y. and Xu, X. 2012. On Service Supply Chain Operations Management: A Service Value Perspective , International Journal of Product Development, vol. 17, issue 3/4: 277-295.
-  Ma C., Xu X. Wang Z., Wu Q. Measuring Service Value based on Service Semantics . Journal of Service Science and Service Management. 2013, 6(1): 56-68.
-  Chu D., Wang Z., Xu X. Progressive Service Value Network Design for Bi-Lateral Service Applications. Information Technology Journal. 2013, 12(6): 1152-1159.
-  Yang Qingyan, Yu Suiran*, Jiang Dan, A modular method of developing an eco-product family considering the reusability and recyclability of customer products , Journal of Cleaner Production, 64(2014), pp.254-265.
-  J. Zhang and M. Dong, A Bottleneck Steiner Tree based Multi-objective Location Model and Intelligent Optimization of Emergency Logistics Systems, Robotics and Computer Integrated Manufacturing , 29(3), 2013, pp.48-55.
-  Z.W. Tian and M. Dong, Pricing and Ordering Strategies for Fresh Products with Different Quality Levels, Journal of Shanghai University, vol.48, no.2, 2014, pp. 306-311.
-  C.H. Zhu, M. Dong and S.X. Liu, Revenue-Sharing Contract Design in a Supply Chain Based on Capacity Investments, Journal of Shanghai University, vol.48, no.2, 2014, pp. 312-316.
-  Wang X., Wang Z., Xu X. An Improved Artificial Bee Colony Approach to QoS-Aware service Selection. Application & Experience Track, 2013 IEEE International Conference on Web Services (ICWS 2013), June 27-July 2, 2013, Santa Clara Marriott, CA, USA. IEEE Computer Society, ISBN: 978-0-7695-5025-1/13: 395-402.
WP7 (1 journal paper, 1 book, 2 book chapters, 3 conference papers, 2 working papers, and 1 research report)
-  Tianjiao Shang and Yongjiang Shi, 2013, The emergence of the electric vehicle, Journal of Chinese Entrepreneurship, Vol 5, Iss 1, 161 – 75.
-  Esfahbodi, A., Zhang, Y. and Watson, G. 2013. “Sustainable Supply Chain Management: A conceptual framework and exploratory cases”, Hangzhou, China. Best Paper Award.
-  Miying Yang, Doroteya Vladimirova, Padmakshi Rana and Steve Evans, 2013, ‘Developing the Sustainable Value Analysis Tool (SVAT)’, Asian Conference of Management Science and Applications (ACMSA2013), 21-23 December 2013, Kunming, Yunnan, China.
-  Yuan Tao, Dai Morgan, Steve Evans, 2013. Policy challenges to implement Industrial Symbiosis - Comparing UK and China. Conference of Management Science and Applications (ACMSA2013), 21-23 December 2013, Kunming, Yunnan, China.
WP8 (4 journal papers, 3 conference papers, 1 research report)
-  Zhan D., Chen Z.,Zhao X., Nie L. and Xu X. 2012, Manufacturing service and its maturity model , Computer Integrated Manufacturing Systems, October, 1584-94.
-  Chu Dianhui, Wang Zhongjie, Xu Xiaofei, Lu Zheming, 2013, Progressive Service Value Network Design for Bi-Lateral Service Applications. Information Technology Journal, Dec. 1152-1159.
-  Chen Z., Zhan D. and Xu H. 2013. Ontology-based resource virtualization method in cloud manufacturing,Journal of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Aug, 106-112.
-  WU Xiao-bo, ZHU Pei-zhong, WU Dong, YAO Ming-ming.2013. How do latecomer firms catch up faster? a model for the co-evolution of the secondary business-model innovation and technological innovation [J]. Studies in Science of Science, Nov, 1726-1735.