Heterogeneous Catalysis In Supercritical Fluids: The Enhancement Of Catalytic Stability To Coking
Jiawei was born and raised in Quzhou in the east China. His research interests lie within the novel area of supercritical fluids, especially material processing and reactions in supercritical fluids. His research posts and education are summarized as:
July 06-current University of Birmingham Research Associate
Sept. 02-March 06 University of Nottingham Ph.D.
Sept. 95-July 02 Tsinghua University, Beijing, China B.Eng., M.Eng.
The objectives of his current project are:
To investigate the alleviation of catalyst coke deposition by adopting supercritical fluids as reaction media.
To investigate the effect of operation conditions in conventional reaction medium and supercritical fluid medium.
The project may be of interest to petroleum companies such as BP. Catalyst companies such as Johnson Matthey have a general interest in the effect of reactions upon the catalyst and the optimisation studies. The work will also be of interest to speciality chemical manufacturers and pharmaceutical companies.
Jiawei's project is part of a collaboration with Dr Bushra Al-Duri in Birmingham and Dr Sean Rigby in Bath.
Publications (Based on previous projects)
1. Wang J., Kuimova M. K., Poliakoff M., Briggs G. A. D. & Khlobystov, A. N. Encapsulation and IR probing of cube-shaped octasilasesquioxane H8Si8O12 in carbon nanotubes. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 45, 5188-5191 (2006)
2. Wang, J., Xia, Y., Wang, W., Mokaya, R. & Poliakoff, M. Synthesis of mesoporous silica-based hollow spheres in scCO2/water system. J. Mater. Chem. 16, 1751-1756 (2006).
3. Wang, J., Wang, W., Khlobystov, A. N. & Poliakoff, M. Coating multi-walled nanotubes with polymer in supercritical carbon dioxide. Chem. Comm., 1670-1672 (2006).
4. Wang, J., Xia, Y., Wang, W., Mokaya, R. & Poliakoff, M. Synthesis of siliceous hollow spheres with large mesopore wall structure by supercritical CO2-in-water interface templating. Chem. Comm., 210-212 (2005).
5. Britz, D. A., Khlobystov, A. N., Wang, J., O'Neil, A. S., Poliakoff, M., Ardavan, A. & Briggs, G. A. D. Selective host-guest interaction of single-walled carbon nanotubes with functionalized fullerenes. Chem. Comm., 176-177 (2004).