We at Birmingham are always looking to recruit talented individuals for postgraduate study. If you think you have what it takes contact please contact us.
Doctoral Training Centre in Hydrogen and Fuel Cells - ENROLLING NOW
Starting tax free bursaries from £competitive. plus fees paid by RCUK - EPSRC. A four year postgraduate qualification carrying out research in hydrogen and fuel cells. Interdisciplinary - work across two Departments and two Universities. Based in the Midlands Energy Consortium:- Universities of Birmingham, Loughborough & Nottingham + Industries. Includes taught modules in science, engineering, team building as well as business and management. Open to UK / certain EU nationals with a good first degree (upper second or better) in any relevant mathematics, physical science or engineering discipline. Existing employees with relevant industrial work experience may also be considered. Projects available from Sept 2009: -
- Solid Oxide Fuel Cell Systems
- Solid Oxide Fuel Cell Stack Engineering for Domestic Applications
- Hydrogen Polymer Fuel Cell Hybrid Vehicular Systems
- MEA Engineering for Polymer Fuel Cell Applications
- Direct Methanol Fuel Cell Stack Engineering for Portable Applications
- Modelling of fuel cell systems
- Integration of fuel cells into hybrid electrical drive systems
- Control and optimisation of fuel cell - battery hybrid systems
- Suitable candidates will receive joint supervision from the Schools of Chemical Engineering, and Electronic, Electrical and Systems Engineering where necessary.
- Discovery of New NanoMaterials for Hydrogen Storage
- Hydrogen from biomolecules by novel methods
- Development of novel Pd alloy thin-films for use in high-temperature hydrogen membrane reactors
Industry sponsors include:- Johnson Matthey, Rolls Royce Fuel Cells, FuelCellUK, Air Products, Intelligent Energy, Ceramic Fuel Cells Ltd, Baxi, GM-Opel, Westfield, Adelan., EADS innovation works.
If you meet the entry requirements please e mail your c.v and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org