Keep up to date with the latest news and events from around the Institute of Conflict, Cooperation and Security.
- Monday 20th January 2014
- Presented by Dr Naomi Head. The questions I explore through encounters with Israelis and Palestinians address the dynamics of empathy and dialogue in the context of protracted conflict. Focusing on civil society and grassroots organisations working actively with principles of non-violence, I examine what definitions of empathy people might hold, where they differ and why. How far do explanations of structural and cultural violence account for obstacles to developing empathy and dialogue?
- Monday 24th February 2014
- The ICCS is pleased to announce that Sir Lawrence Freedman will be launching his latest book (Financial Times book of the year 2013) as part of our ICCS Seminar Series on the 24th February 2014. This event will take place in the Business School and includes a wine reception in the atrium.
- Monday 31st March - Friday 4th April 2014
- Trust, Diplomacy and Conflict Transformation is a unique offered by the Institute for Conflict, Cooperation and Security (ICCS) at the University of Birmingham. It provides participants with the opportunity to learn about different approaches to the developing field of trust-building in International Relations and to better understand how practitioners wrestle with the dilemmas of trust/mistrust in practical negotiating settings.