The University of Birmingham Graduate Centre for Europe (GCfE), launched in 2005, is a major interdisciplinary initiative involving students and staff from three Colleges in the University
The GCfE has been established to
- Enable exchanges of ideas on Europe among graduate students
- Bring together expertise that is currently spread across a wide range of academic disciplines
- Facilitate collaborative research activities
- Promote the acquisition of research skills
- Publish the Birmingham Journal for Europe
The GCfE is directed by a steering committee of postgraduates, who represent a range of disciplines. We engage the wider postgraduate community in our work through a range of activities. These include seminars, workshops, and the annual conference.
The GCfE collaborates with the Institute of Advanced Studies and the Europe Direct Information Centre in Birmingham.