Normally, an internal selection panel comprising Director of Research or their nominee will advise the Director of the IAS.
Applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Academic excellence and standing against career stage of the proposed DVF;
- The extent to which the visit will enhance existing collaborative research or pump prime new areas;
- The value of the research outputs and their impact;
- Tangible outputs and the potential benefit of the outputs to the University of Birmingham in the REF2020 submission in terms of engagement, impact, high quality publications and grant income generation.
The Distinguished Visiting Fellow will be expected to:
- Participate in IAS activities and engage with staff and research students in relevant Departments, Schools and Colleges at The University of Birmingham;
- Present an IAS seminar and or public lecture;
- Write a short report on activities and achievements against objectives outlined at application stage (within 6 months of the end of the fellowship);
- Acknowledge IAS support in any publications resulting from their period of stay in Birmingham;
- Become a member of the cohort of IAS DVF alumni group.