IAS workshops are typically one day in length and aimed at bringing together the relevant disciplinary interests to generate a coherent theme and the potential for the key academic questions that a theme will address, likely outcomes.
Below are details of our planned workshops which aim to explore cutting-edge issues in research through cross-departmental collaboration. For further details regarding each workshop, click on the title of the workshop. You will also be able to find contact details for the leader of each workshop should you wish to register your interest.
- Thursday 29th September 2016
- Edgbaston Room, Lucas House (University of Birmingham Conference Park)
- Birmingham's Institute of Forest Research is delighted that the Free-Air Carbon Enrichment (FACE) Facility landmark science facility is now operational. This workshop is an opportunity to discuss scientific opportunities at the BIFoR FACE Facility .
- Monday 14th November 2016
- Wednesday 16th November 2016
- Physics West Room 117
- Professor Steve Kawaler, (Institute of Advanced Studies Distinguished Visiting Fellow; editor of the leading international journal for refereed astrophysics papers, The Astrophysical Journal), will lead a dialogue between researchers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines who depend on scholarly publication to disseminate their own research and to keep abreast of developments in their field.Please join us for tea and coffee from 14.00; the seminar begins at 14.30