Dr Aleksandra Cavoski’s teaching and research interests are in the areas of Environmental and EU law. She has particular interest in EU accession countries.
Feedback and office hours
In the first semester of 2014-2015, my Office and Feedback Hours will be:
- LLB - University of Belgrade, School of Law
- MSC European Studies - London School of Economics
- PhD in Law - University of Belgrade, School of Law
Aleksandra Cavoski joined the Birmingham Law School in September 2012. Previously she was Professor at Union University School of Law in Belgrade, Serbia and a Visiting Professor at Washington and Lee University, in Lexington, Virginia and at the Faculty of Political Science, University of Belgrade. She has worked in the Ministry of Justice in Serbia and as a consultant for the World Bank, European Commission and the OSCE.
- Environmental Law - Module leader
- LLM research methods - Co-ordinator
- Legal Foundations European Union – teaches seminars
- Land Law – teaches seminars
Aleksandra Cavoski is happy to supervise postgraduate research students interested in Environmental and EU law, particularly:
- the enforcement of EU environmental law and how it differs from the challenges of enforcement at the international level;
- the intersection between law and science and law and language, especially in the field of environmental law.
Potential students are invited to contact Dr Cavoski via email to discuss their research proposals prior to submitting official applications.
Dr Cavoski's principal research interests are in the field of Environmental Law and EU law, including certain aspects of Public International Law. She is particularly interested in the comparative experiences in countries in Western Balkans as they undergo the accession process in environmental law and policy.
- Article 234 – The Legal Rule that Built Europe, Institute of Comparative Law, 156 EU (XI), Belgrade, 2005;
- Aleksandra Čavoški, “Revisiting the Convention on Nuclear Safety: Lessons Learned from the Fukushima Accident”, Asian Journal of International Law, Cambridge University Press, January 2013, pp. 1-27;
- Aleksandra Čavoški, “Development of Environmental Law and Policy in Serbia” in Public Law in Serbia: Twenty Years After edited by Violeta Beširević, European Public Law Series, Volume CI, Esperia Publications Ltd, London, 2012, pp. 259-283;
- Aleksandra Čavoški, “Groundhog Day in Serbian Public Administration:
Another Year of Reform”, European Review of Public Law/Revue Européenne de Droit Public, Vol. 23, No 4, winter/hiver Annual Review 2011, pp. 1487-1506;
- Aleksandra Čavoški, “Transposition of Acquis – Challenges and Difficulties Facing the Serbian Administration”, European Review of Public Law/Revue Européenne de Droit Public, Vol. 22. No. 4 winter/hiver Annual Review 2010, pp. 1179-1197;
- Aleksandra Čavoški, “Further Reforms o the Path to European Integration: Streamlining Public Administration?”, European Review of Public Law/Revue Européenne de Droit Public, Vol. 21. No. 4, winter/hiver Annual Review 2009, pp. 1705-1723;
- Beširević, V and Čavoški, A, “Administration without Frontiers? Serbian Migration Law and Policy from the European Perspectives”, European Review of Public Law/Revue Européenne de Droit Public, Vol. 21. No. 1 spring/printemps Annual Review 2009, pp. 462-503;
- Aleksandra Čavoški, “Organization of Pubic Administration in Serbia”, European Review of Public Law/Revue Européenne de Droit Public, Vol. 20. No. 4 winter/hiver Annual Review 2008, pp. 1589-1608.
Aleksandra published extensively in Serbian language:
- Ideja krivičnog prava EU (The Idea of EU Criminal Law), Udruženje tužilaca i zamenika tužilaca Srbije, Beograd 2011;
- Osnovi ekološkog prava Evropske unije (Bases of EU Environmental Law), Pravni fakultet Univerzitet Union i Službeni glasnik, Beograd 2007;