Below is a list of some of the key publications from the Jurisprudence cluster
Professor Sean Coyle:
- Dimensions of Politics and English Jurisprudence (Cambridge University Press, 2013) [forthcoming]
- From Positivism to Idealism (Ashgate, 2007)
- “Fidelity in interpretation: Lord Hoffmann and the Adventure of the Empty House” (2008) 28 Legal Studies 1-19
- “MacCormick’s Jurisprudence Determined” (2010) 1 Jurisprudence 105-119.
- “‘Inconsiderate Alterations in our Laws’: Legislative Reversal of Supreme Court Decisions” in J. Lee (ed.), From House of Lords to Supreme Court: Judges, Jurists and the Process of Judging (Oxford, Hart Publishing, 2011)
- “A Civil Law for the Age of Statutes” in J Steele and TT Arvind (eds), Tort Law and the Legislature: Common law, statute, and the dynamics of legal change (Hart Publishing, 2012).
- “If You Cannot Help Being Committed to It, Then It Exists: A Defence of Robust Realism in Law”. In: Oxford Journal of Legal Studies, published online via advanced access (http://ojls.oxfordjournals.org/content/ early/recent), 28th September, 2012.
- “Does Kelsen’s notion of legal normativity rest on a mistake?” . In: Law and Philosophy ( June 2012, online first articles Springer).
- “Social and Justified Normativity: Unlocking the Mystery of the Relationship”. In: Ratio Juris, Vol. 25, issue 3, 2012, pp. 409-433.
- “Objectivity in Law” . In: Philosophy Compass (Blackwell), Vol. 5, issue 3, , pp. 240-249, eISBN: 9780631233176, 2010.
- “From Shared Agency to the Normativity of Law”. In: 28 Law and Philosophy (2009), pp.59-100.