Working together to conquer virus disease: a discussion forum for identifying trends and developments in human virology. This event aimed to bring together internationally recognised experts in the field of virus disease diagnosis, pathogenesis and prevention to discuss current trends and future directions for virus research over the next decade.
For the past half century the University of Birmingham has identified virus research as pivotal in the improvement of human health, both at home and overseas.
This meeting is a celebration of both past achievements in the study of viral associated cancers, viral pathogenesis and immune responses, as well as a timely opportunity to identify future trends and developments in the understanding and treatment of virus disease.
The event will appeal to everyone with an interest in public health, disease surveillance, clinical treatment, molecular virology and pathogenesis. The meeting will emphasise the bringing together of basic research with the needs of enhancing patient care, through a shared vision based on strengthening links between public research institutes, clinical practice and industry.
Our speakers include:
- Professor Jeff Almond, University of Oxford
- Dr Ulrich Desselberger, University of Cambridge
- Professor Paul Griffiths, UCL
- Professor Robert Lamb, Northwestern University, Illinois, USA
- Professor Stephen Locarnini, Victorian Infectious Diseases Reference Laboratory, Melbourne, Australia
- Professor Mark Marsh, UCL
- Professor Massimo Palmarini, University of Glasgow
- Professor Robin Weiss, UCL