46. X Chen, L. Huang, H Mühlenbernd, G Li, B Bai, Q Tan, G Jin, C W Qiu, S Zhang*, T Zentgraf* (* corresponding authors), “Dual-Polarity Plasmonic MetaLens”, Nature Communications, in press.
45. L Huang, X Chen, H Mühlenbernd, G Li, B Bai, Q Tan, G Jin, T Zentgraf*, S Zhang* (* corresponding authors), “Dispersionless Phase Discontinuities for Controlling Light Propagation”, Nano Letters, in press.
44. S. Zhang, Z Ye, Y Wang, Y S Park, G Bartal, M Mrejen, X Yin & X Zhang, "Anti-Hermitian Plasmon Coupling of An Array of Gold Thin-Film Antennas for Controlling Light at the Nanoscale", Physical Review Letters, In press (2012)
43. Z. Ye, S. Zhang, Y. Wang, Y.-S. Park, T. Zentgraf, G. Bartal, X. Yin, and X. Zhang, “Mapping the near-field dynamics in plasmon-induced transparency” Phys. Rev. B, in press (2012)
42. J Gu, R Singh, X Liu, X. Q. Zhang, Y Ma , S Zhang, S Maier, Z Tian, A Azad, H T Chen, A Taylor, J Han, W. L. Zhang, "Active control of electromagnetically-induced transparency analogue in terahertz metamaterials", Nature Communications, In press (2012).
41. S. Zhang, J. F. Zhou, Y. S. Park, J. Rho, R. Singh, S. Nam, A. Azad, H. T. Chen, X. B. Yin, A. J. Taylor & X. Zhang, "Photon-Induced Handedness Switching in Terahertz Chiral-Molecules", Nature Communications, 3, 942 (2012)
40. S Palomba , S. Zhang , Y. S. Park , G. Bartal ,X. B. Yin & X. Zhang, "Optical Negative Refraction by Four-wave Mixing in Thin Metallic Nanostructures", Nature Materials, 11, 34 (2012)
39. D. C. Liang, J. Q. Gu, J. G. Han, Y. M. Yang, S. Zhang & W. L. Zhang, "Robust Large Dimension Terahertz Cloaking", Advanced Materials, 24, 916 (2012)
38.S. Zhang, Y. Xiong, G. Bartal, X. Yin & X. Zhang, "Magnetized plasma for reconfigurable subdiffraction imaging", Phys. Rev. Lett., 106, 243901 (2011)
37. Y. F. Ma, Z. Y. Li, Y. M. Yang, R. Huang, R. Singh, S. Zhang, J. Q. Gu, Z. Tian, J. G. Han, W. L. Zhang, “Plasmon-induced transparency in twisted Fano terahertz metamaterials”, Optical Materials Express, 1, 391 (2011)
36. J. J. Zhang, L Liu, Y Luo, S Zhang, and N. A. Mortensen,” Homogeneous optical cloak constructed with uniform layered structures”, Optics Express, 19, 8625 (2011)
35. Y. M. Yang, R Huang, L. Q. Cong, Z. H. Zhu, J. Q. Gu, Z. Tian, R. Singh, S. Zhang, J. G. Han, and W. L. Zhang, “Modulating the fundamental inductive-capacitive resonance in asymmetric double-split ring terahertz metamaterials”, Applied Physics Letters, 98, 121114 (2011).
34. J. Valentine, S. Zhang, T. Zentgraf and X. Zhang, “Development of Bulk Optical Negative Index Fishnet Metamaterials: Achieving a Low-Loss and Broadband Response Through Coupling”, Proceedings of the IEEE, 99, 1682-1690, (2011).
33. X. Chen, Y. Luo, J. Zhang, K. Jiang, J. B. Pendry and S. Zhang, “Macroscopic Invisibility Cloaking for Visible Light”, Nature Communications, 2, 176 (2011)
32. C. W. Chang, M. Liu, S. Nam, S. Zhang, Y. M. Liu, G. Bartal, and X. Zhang, “Mobius symmetry in metamaterials,” Phys. Rev. Lett. (2010).
31. Shuang Zhang, Yong-Shik Park, Yongmin Liu, Thomas Zentgraf, and Xiang Zhang, "Far-field measurement of ultra-small plasmonic mode volume," Opt. Express 18, 6048-6055 (2010)
30. J. Li, S. Han, S. Zhang, G. Bartal & X. Zhang, "Designing the Fourier space with transformation optics" Optics letters, 34, 3182 (2009)
29. T. Zentgraf, S. Zhang, R. F. Oulton and X. Zhang, “Ultranarrow coupling-induced transparency bands in hybrid plasmonic systems”, Physical Review B, 80, 195415 (2009)
28. S. Zhang and X. Zhang, “Flipping a Photonic Shock Wave”, Physics, 2, 91 (2009)
27. E. Cubukcu, S. Zhang, Y S Park, G Bartal, and X Zhang, “Split Ring Resonator Sensors for Infrared Detection of Single Molecular Monolayers”, Applied Physics Letters, 95, 043113 (2009)
26. D A Dentcho, S Zhang and X Zhang, “Photonic Traps and Optical Attractors”, Nature Physics. 5, 687 (2009)
25. A Ishikawa, S Zhang, D A Genov, G Bartal and X Zhang, “Subwavelength Waveguide Using Negative Permeability Metamaterials”, Phys. Rev. Lett., 102, 043904 (2009)
24. S Zhang, P Park, J Li, X C Lu, W L Zhang and X Zhang, “Negative Refractive Index in Chiral Metamaterials” Phys. Rev. Lett. 102, 023901 (2009)
[Selected for a view point in Physics; Highlighted in Nature Photonics]
23. J Valentine*, S Zhang*, T Zentgraf*, E Ulin-Avila, D A Genov, G Bartal and X Zhang,
(* equally contributed first authors) “Three Dimensional Optical Metamaterials Exhibiting Negative Refractive Index”, Nature, 455, 376 (2008).
22. S Zhang, D A Genov, Y Wang, M Liu and X Zhang, “Plasmonic Metamaterials with Coupling Induced Transparency”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 101, 047401 (2008)
[Selected as Editors’ suggestions]
21. S Zhang, D A Genov, C Sun and X Zhang, “Cloaking of Matter Waves”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 100, 123002 (2008) [Highlighted in Nature, April 10, 2008]
20. O G Memis, A Katsnelson, S C Kong, H Mohseni, M J Yan, S Zhang, T Hossain, N Jin, and I Adesida, “Sub-Poissonian Shot Noise of a High Internal Gain Photon Detector”, Optics Express. 16, 12701 (2008).
19. O G Memis, A Katsnelson, H Mohseni, M J Yan, S Zhang, T Hossain, N Jin, and I Adesida, “On the Source of Jitter in a Room Temperature Nano-Injection Photon Detector at 1.55 mm”, IEEE Elec. Dev. Lett. 29, 867 (2008)
18. O G Memis, A Katsnelson, S C Kong, H Mohseni, M J Yan, S Zhang, T Hossain, N Jin, and I Adesida, “A photon detector with very high gain at low bias and at room temperature ”, App. Phys. Lett. 91, 171112 (2007).
17. J Zhang, S Zhang, D Li, A Neumann, C Hains, A Frauenglass and S R J Brueck “Infrared Transmission Resonances in Double-Layered, Complementary-Structure Metallic Gratings”, Optics Express 15, 8737 (2007).
16. W Fan, S Zhang, K J Malloy, S R J Brueck, N C Panoiu and M R Osgood, “Second harmonic generation from patterned GaAs inside a subwavelength metallic hole array”, Optics Express 14, 9570 (2006).
15. S Zhang, W Fan, K J Malloy, S R J Brueck, N C Panoiu and M R Osgood, “Optical negative-index bulk metamaterials consisting of 2D perforated metal-dielectric stacks”, Optics Express 14, 6778 (2006).
14. W Fan, S Zhang, N C Panoiu, A Abdenour, S Krishna, R M Osgood, K J Malloy and S R J Brueck, “Second harmonic generation from a nanopatterned isotropic nonlinear material”, Nano Lett. 6, 1027 (2006)
13. N C Panoiu, M R Osgood, S Zhang and S R J Brueck, "Zero-n-bandgap in photonic crystal superlattices", J. Opt. Soc. Am B. 23, 506 (2006)
12. S Zhang, W Fan, N C Panoiu, K J Malloy, M R Osgood and S R J Brueck, “Demonstration of metal-dielectric negative-index metamaterials with improved performance at optical frequencies”, J. Opt. Soc. Am B. 23, 434 (2006)
11. W Fan, S Zhang, K J Malloy and S R J Brueck, “Large-area, infrared nanophotonic materials fabricated using interferometric lithography” Jour. Vac. Sci. Technol B 23, 2700 (2005).
10. S Zhang, W Fan, N C Panoiu, K J Malloy, M R Osgood and S R J Brueck, “Demonstration of Near-Infrared Negative-Index Materials” Physical Review Letters, 95, 137404 (2005)
9. S Zhang, W Fan, K J Malloy, S R J Brueck, N C Panoiu and M R Osgood, “Near-Infrared Double Negative Metamaterials”, Optics Express 13, 4922 (2005).
8. W Fan, S Zhang, K J Malloy, S R J Brueck, “Enhanced mid-infrared transmission through nanoscale metallic coaxial-aperture arrays”, Optics Express 13, 4406 (2005).
7. S Zhang, W Fan, B K Minhas, A Fraunglass, K J Malloy and S R J Brueck, “Midinfrared resonant magnetic nanostructures exhibiting a negative permeability”, Physical Review Letters, 94 037402 (2005).
6. W Fan, S Zhang, B K Minhas, Kevin J. Malloy, and S. R. J. Brueck, “Enhanced Infrared Transmission through Subwavelength Coaxial Metallic Arrays”, Physical Review Letters, 94 033902 (2005).
5. S Zhang, W Fan, A. Frauenglass, B. K. Minhas, K. J. Malloy and S.R.J. Brueck, "Fabrication of 1D and 2D Vertical Nanomagnetic Resonators", Jour. Vac. Sci. Technol B 22, 3327-3330 (2004).
4. J. L. Bradshaw, J. D. Bruno, J. T. Pham, D. E. Wortman, S. Zhang and S. R. J. Brueck, “Single-longitudinal-mode emission from interband cascade DFB laser with a grating fabricated by Interferometric lithography”, IEE Proc. Optoelectron. Vol. 150, No. 4, 288-292 (2003).
3. S.D. Hersee , D.Zubia, X. Sun, R. Bommena, M. Fairchild, S. Zhang, D. Burckel, A. Frauenglass, S.R.J. Brueck “Nanoheteroepitaxy for the Integration of Highly Mismatched Semiconductor Materials”, J. Quantum Electronics, 38 1017-1028 (2002).
2. D. Zubia, S. Zhang, X. Sun, R. Bommena, S. R. J. Brueck, S. D. Hersee, "Initial Growth Stages of Nanoheteroepitaxial GaAs on Si(100) by OMVPE", Journal of Electronic Materials, 30, 812 (2001).
1. S Zhang, J V Jose, P H Tiesinga, “Model of carbachol-induced gamma-frequency oscillations in hippocampus” Neurocomputing, 32-33 617-622 (2000).