Speaker: Professor Pascal Fua, Ecole Polytechnique, Paris.
Date: Thursday 12th January 2017 - 1.00pm Venue: Mech Eng G29
Title: Optical fibre sensing for healthcare
Speaker: Professor Steve Morgan, Nottingham University
Date: Thursday 23rd February 2017 - 1.00pm Venue: Mech Eng G29
Title: Unlocking gene expression and repair by tracking single molecules in vivo
Speaker: Professor Achillefs Kapanidis, Univerity of Oxford
Date: Thursday 2nd March 2017 - 1.00pm Venue: Mech Eng G29
- Title: Echoing the heart: echocardiography image analysis
Speaker: Dr Kashif Rajpoot, The University of Birmingham
Date: Thursday 8th December 2016 - 1.00pm Venue: Poynting S06
- Title: Multiscale modelling of the musculoskeletal system
Speaker: Professor Damien Lacroix, The University of Sheffield
Date: Thursday 24th Novermber 2016 - 1.00pm Venue: Poynting S06
- Title: Can we use imaging and mathematical modelling to predict stroke outcome
Speaker: Professor Stephen Payne, The University of Oxford
Date: Thursday 17th Novermber 2016 - 1.00pm Venue: Poynting S06
- Title: Imaging and modelling of sperm motility and other biofluiddynamic systems
Speaker: Dr David Smith, The University of Birmingham
Date: Thursday 10th Novermber 2016 - 1.00pm Venue: Poynting S06
- Title: Atmospheric pressure plasmas – from electrically triggered sparks to new healthcare therapies
Speaker: Dr James Walsh, The University of Liverpool
Date: Thursday 20th October 2016 - 1.00pm Venue: Poynting S06
- Title: A computational multiscale multiphysics framework for the study of traumatic brain injury
Speaker: Professer Antoine Jerusalem, The University of Oxford
Date: Thursday 6th October 2016 - 1.00pm Venue: Poynting S06
- Title: Palladium-Activated Prodrug Therapy: An Unorthodox Exploitation of the Bioorthogonal Paradigm.
Speaker: Dr Asier Unciti-Broceta, The University of Edinburgh
Date: Thursday 9th June 2016 - 1.00pm - Biosciences E102
- Title: Patient specific engineering models to support clinical practice.
Speaker: Dr Silvia Schievano, University College London
Date: Thursday 26th May 2016 - 1.00pm - Biosciences E102
- Healthcare Interventions via Machine Learning.
Speaker: Dr David Clifton, University of Oxford
Date: Thursday 12th May 2016 - 1.00pm - Biosciences E102
- Title: 3D Printing in Medicine - Research and Applications.
Speaker: Professor Russell Harris, Leeds University
Date: Thursday 21st April 2016 - 1.00pm - Biosciences E102
- Title: Optical Biosensors.
Speaker: Dr Ruchi Gupta, University of Hull
Date: Thursday 7th April 2016 - 1.00pm - Biosciences E102
- Title: Exploiting the Chemistry of Musculoskeletal Healing and Disease: Towards Better and Safer Therapies.
Speaker: Dr Richard Williams, The University of Birmingham
Date: Thursday 10th March 2016 - 1.00pm - Haworth 203
- Title: Nanoenabled Medicine Development.
Speaker: Professor Ljeoma F Uchegbu, University College London
Date: Thursday 3rd March 2016 - 1.00pm - Chem Eng 124
- Title: Two Adventures in Chemical Biology - Palladium Mediated Cellular Chemistry and in vivo Optical Medical Imaging.
Speaker: Professor Mark Bradley, The University of Edinburgh
Date: Thursday 4th February 2016 - 1.00pm - Biosciences E102
- Title: Shaken and stirred: enhancing, triggering and monitoring drug delivery by ultrasound.
Speaker: Professor Constantin Coussios, Oxford University
Date: Thursday 14th Janaury 2016 - 1.00pm - Biosciences E102
- Title: Beyond Systems Biology; from cell membranes to
Speaker: Professor Paul O'Shea, The University of Nottingham
Date: Thursday 7th January 2016 - 1.00pm - Mech Eng G33
- Title: Adressing manufactoring challenges for regenerative medicines.
Speaker: Dr Ivan Wall, University College London
Date: Monday 14th December 2015 - 2.00pm - Learning Centre UG05
- Title: Microfluids and Microbubbles: from Diagnostics to Therapeutic Delivery.
Speaker: Professor Steven Evans, The University of Leeds
Date: Thursday 10th December 2015 - 1.00pm - Nuffield G17
- Title: Biomaterial and their optimisation for the treatment of vision loss.
Speaker: Professor Rachel Williams, The University of Liverpool
Date: Thursday 12th November 2015 - 1.00pm - Biosciences 301
- Title:Raman micro-spectroscopy for biomedical applications:from nanoscale bio materials to label free imaging of cells. and tissue.
Speaker: Professor Ioan Notingher, The University of Nottingham
Date: Thursday 29th October 2015 - 1.00pm - Mech Eng G29
- Title: ‘Of Mice and Men’ in Nanomedicine: Transforming Old and New Nanomaterials into Functional Tools for Medicine.
Speaker: Professor Kostas Kostarelos, The University of Manchester
Date: Thursday 22nd October 2015 - 1.00pm- Mech Eng G29
- Title: Improving stem cell therapy with smart surfaces, scaffolds and microbioreactor arrays.
Speaker: Professor Justin Cooper-White, The University of Queensland
Date: Thursday 15th October 2015 - 10.00am - Biosciences NG08
- Title: Modern medical thermometry and measurements for wound management.
Speaker: Professor Graham Machin and Dr Rob Simpson, National Physical Laboratory
Date: Friday 10th July 2015 - 1.00pm - Biosciences 301
- Title: Fluorescence imaging and activity sensing using"smart"labels.
Speaker: Professor Peter Dedecker, Molecular imaging and photonics, KU Leuven, Belgium
Date: Wednesday 8th July 2015 - 2.00pm - Learning Centre UG09
- Title: Supramolecular Hybrid Materials for Controlled Drug Delivery.
Speaker: Assistant Professor Ken Cham-Fai Leung, The Hong Kong Baptist University and The University of Hong Kong
Date: Wednesday 24th June 2015 - 1.00pm - Biosciences 301
- Title: Quantitative super-resolution fluorescence microscopy in T- cells.
Speaker: Dr Dylan Owen, Kings College London.
Date : Thursday 7th May 2015 - 1.00pm - Haworth 203
- Title: Nanoscale approaches to control of mesenchymal stem cells.
Speaker: Professor Matthew Dalby, University of Glasgow.
Date : Thursday 23rd April 2015 - 1.00pm - Biosciences E102
- Title: Molecular imprinting - Nanoscale biometrics and their varied uses.
Speaker: Dr Nick Turner, Open University.
Date : Thursday 16th April 2015 - 1.00pm - Biosciences E102