- Friday 6th May 2016 (09:30-18:00)
- Gisbert Kapp Building, University of Birmingham
- Alumni, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Research, Students
- Saturday 2nd (00:00) - Monday 4th July 2016 (00:00)
- Funchal, Madeira, Portugal
- Engineering and Physical Sciences, International, Research
- Tuesday 23rd (09:00) - Thursday 25th August 2016 (17:00)
- Gisbert Kapp Building (G8)
- Engineering and Physical Sciences, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Students, Teaching
Selected past events
11 - 14/03/2015
The Big Bang Fair is the largest celebration of science, technology, engineering and maths for young people in the UK. We aim to show students a variety of exciting and rewarding opportunities available for a successful career in STEM subject.
2014 marks the 50th anniversary of the first Shinkansen high speed line in Japan. The University of Birmingham is marking this historic occasion by holding an international conference on High Speed Rail
International Hydrail Conference
On the 3-4 July 2012the University of Birmingham hosted the 7thInternational Hydrail Conference. This annual conference, held in a different country every year, focuses on the use of hydrogen for railway propulsion, the associated benefits, and remaining challenges. More information can be found at http://hydrail.org.
International Workshop on Railway Aerodynamics
Around the world there is much activity in this area, driven by the design of new types and concepts of trains, and by the needs for international standardisation. However the railway aerodynamics community is a relatively small one, and there is no regular international technical where forum researchers and practitioners can meet to exchange recent results and ideas. The International Workshop on Railway Aerodynamics, held in Birmingham on April 2013, provided an ideal opportunity for such exchanges.
If you wish to receive infomation concerning the organisation of the workshop please contact Professor Chris Baker, email@example.com.