The TRAIN Rig can potentially be used for a wide range of vehicle testing, but is particularly useful where the motion of a body in the vicinity of the ground is being studied.
Possible applications include:
- Investigation of road vehicle behaviour in cross winds
- Measurement of road vehicle aerodynamics in confined situations
- Measurements of road vehicle aerodynamics during overtaking and vehicle passing.
- Measurement of pollutant dispersion around moving road vehicles in rural and urban geometries
- Investigations of aircraft and wing behaviour in close proximity to a ground plane
- Investigation of the aerodynamics of bluff bodies in proximity and intermittent contact with the ground (sports balls, wind borne debris)
Links and contact
For further information please contact Professor Chris Baker on email@example.com