The Housing and Communities Group, led by Professor David Mullins is part of the School of Social Policy at the University of Birmingham. It comprises seven research staff and fellows and four PhD students and has six current research projects, mainly focused on community-led housing and the community investment role of housing associations. In the past year it has hosted international visitors from Italy, Hong Kong, Japan and Austria including Dr Richard Lang, Plowden Fellow and holds regular seminars for policy and practice communities, through the Housing and Communities Research Network.
Read more about the Housing and communities research network.
Housing and communities Key staff
View all Housing and communities research
- All are welcome at the next Housing and Communities Research Network Seminar, which will be held on Monday 12 January 2015 in Room 710, Muirhead Tower (4.15-5.45).
- Thursday 18th December 2014
- Housing and Communities Research Group launches new research programme on the future of social housing.
- Monday 17th November 2014
- A new book on social housing organisations in England and the Netherlands by Housing and Communiteis Honorary Fellow, Darinka Czische is being launched on 3 November in Brussels.
- Tuesday 28th October 2014
- All are welcome at the new programme of Housing and Communities Research Network seminars which begins on Monday 29 September with a thought provoking look at Community Land Trusts in the US and UK from Stephen Hill, a leading activist involved in East London CLT and in the Co-Housing movement.
- Wednesday 24th September 2014
Academic visitors (2011-2013)