The Housing and Communities Group, led by Professor David Mullins is part of the School of Social Policy at the University of Birmingham. It comprises seven research staff and fellows and four PhD students and has six current research projects, mainly focused on community-led housing and the community investment role of housing associations. In the past year it has hosted international visitors from Italy, Hong Kong, Japan and Austria including Dr Richard Lang, Plowden Fellow and holds regular seminars for policy and practice communities, through the Housing and Communities Research Network.
Read more about the Housing and communities research network.
Housing and communities Key staff
View all Housing and communities research
- Over 50 delegates from academia, public, private and third sectors attended the CHASM conference: 'Financial Security in an Age of Austerity', which took place on Friday 18th July, at the Friends Meeting House, Euston, London.
- Wednesday 13th August 2014
- Professor David Mullins who developed the adapted Delphi methodology being used by academics from University of New South Wales, Swinburne and University of Western Australia to track change in the Australian non profit housing sector will be contributing to a seminar on the latest Australian findings next Tuesday in Sydney.
- Thursday 8th May 2014
- Social Policy's David Mullins will be speaking at two events in Australia during May.
- Monday 14th April 2014
- The Housing and Communities Research Group at the University of Birmingham has today launched a case studies report following a programme of research, funded by the Building and Social Housing Foundation (BSHF) and the Third Sector Research Centre (TSRC), to evaluate the impact of the Empty Homes Community Grants Programme (EHCGP) in the Midlands.
- Tuesday 8th April 2014
Academic visitors (2011-2013)