A Spring Day School from The Centre for War Studies, University of Birmingham
The Midlands and the Great War
Owing to circumstances beyond the control of the organisers the Day School on 'The Midlands at War' scheduled for Saturday, 7 March 2015, has had to be cancelled. The organisers apologise for the inconvenience and disappointment that this will cause. All cheques received will be returned in due course.
Previous dayschools have included:
- The YMCA goes to war
- US Civil War to First World War learning the lessons
- 'A Contemptible Little Army' The BEF in 1914
- Gallipoli and the Dardanelles: 95 years on
- Decision at Derby: the Jacobite invasion of England and the fate of the 'forty-five'
- Air power: the challenges of High Command in peace and war
- Service and sacrifice: a commemoration of YMCA work in the Great War
- Learning and Training in Haig's Army