Healthy Ageing in the 21st Century
Professor Steve Field CBE, FFPHM, FRCP, FRCGP
Chief Inspector of General Practice, Care Quality Commission, and Chairman, National Inclusion Health Board.
Commission Academic Leads
- Dr Hareth Al-Janabi, Birmingham Research Fellow, School of Health and Population Sciences, University of Birmingham
- Professor Jon Glasby, Professor of Health and Social Care and Director of Health Services Management Centre (HSMC), University of Birmingham
- Baroness Sally Greengross OBE, President / Chief Executive, International Longevity Centre - UK
- Peter Hay, Strategic Director, Adults and Communities, Birmingham City Council
- Professor Janet Lord, Professor of Immune Cell Biology and Director of the MRC-ARUK Centre for Musculoskeletal Ageing Research, University of Birmingham
- Jim McManus, Director of Public Health at Hertfordshire County Council
- Richard Shaw, Director of Development, Age Concern Birmingham
- Dr Rashmi Shukla CBE, Regional Director of Public Health for the West Midlands; Public Health England: Regional Director, Midlands and East of England
- Bhai Sahib Mohinder Singh, Chairman of Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha
- Professor Janice Thompson, Professor of Public Health Nutrition and Exercise, University of Birmingham
Working in collaboration
This Policy Commission brings together colleagues from across the University: College of Arts and Law (CAL), College of Medical and Dental Sciences (MDS), and the Health Services Management Centre (HSMC) within the College of Social Sciences (COSS).