Accounting and Finance in Emerging Economies (AFEE) Special Interest Group
- Birmingham Business School, University of Birmingham
- Social Sciences
If you would like to present a paper please email a copy of your full paper by 30 November 2012 to:
Dr Collins Ntim
Southampton Management School
University of Southampton
The British Accounting and Finance Association
9th Workshop on Accounting and Finance in Emerging Economies
Call For Papers
Confirmation of acceptance will be communicated by 10th December 2012.
The workshop aims to bring together academics working on accounting and finance issues concerning emerging economies. The workshop aims to: raise the level of interest in the specific problems of accounting and finance in emerging economies; and increase awareness of real issues, so that accounting and finance in these countries will not just be seen as a matter of copying what is done in the industrialized countries. It provides an authoritative overview of the research and progress in this field.
On the occasion of this workshop, Professor Trevor Hopper, Professor in Management Accounting at Sussex University and joint-editor of the recent Handbook of Accounting and Development, will deliver a guest speaker talk on “Accounting and Development: Setting the Research Agenda“.
The coverage of the workshop includes, but is not restricted to:
- Education, training, and the role of professional accounting Bodies
- Financial reporting and accounting standards
- Corporate governance
- Management accounting
- Finance and banking issues
- The impact of structural adjustment programmes on accounting practices
- Accounting, regulation, and privatisation
- Accounting and accountability issues
- Accounting practices in family businesses
- The impact of culture, religion, ethnicity, and history on accounting and finance
BAFA AFEE Special Interest Group
You can also consult the AFEE website for further information and other activities.
Further details concerning accommodation and venue will be communicated in due course.