Birmingham Business School Alumni
Once you have graduated, your connection with the Business School doesn’t just end there. Birmingham Business School (BBS) has its own dedicated Alumni team who create many opportunities for you to stay involved with the School and offers many benefits and services to help assist you with life after University.
Elizabeth Lloyd-Jones, Senior Alumni Relations Officer, of the Alumni team says that “we can enable you to undertake business networking, socialise with fellow alumni and find new career opportunities globally.”
Team members have responsibility for specific programmes, so there is a BBS Alumni team member focussed on Undergraduate and MSc programmes and a dedicated MBA Alumni Relations Office "working to support the growth of the MBA and it students."
Once you become a BBS alumnus, you have access to a variety of benefits and services and career development opportunities. There are plenty of ways for you to get involved:
- informing perspective students about your time at the University of Birmingham and about the career you have gone on to
- become an international Alumni Ambassador, offering advice, support and information to overseas students about what it's like to live and study in Birmingham
- attending or speaking at a guest lecture event, such as our Distinguished Leaders Series
- assisting with applicant visit days, careers fairs and induction weeks
- passing on your expertise to our current students through our alumni mentoring programmes
- offering internships, projects or consultancy opportunities to get market research or business strategy intelligence into your business or fill a gap in your staffing
- partake in our fundraising campaign, Circles of Influence, where we are helping to change lives at Birmingham and across the world
To find out more about the Business School Alumni, visit www.birmingham.ac.uk/bbs-alumni
You can also follow the BBS Alumni team on Twitter; @BBSalumniUoB.