Workshop: perfecting your PhD application
- Edgbaston campus, University of Birmingham
- Arts and Law, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Research, Students
If you are planning to apply for Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) funding to study at the University of Birmingham - a member of the Midlands3Cities Doctoral Training Partnership - we would like to invite you to our forthcoming workshop on perfecting your PhD application.
This workshop will show you how to make the most compelling case for your research in order to maximise your chances of being considered for research funding.
The day-long event will feature advice and information from academic staff and AHRC-funded students.
- 9.30 Registration
- 10 Welcome
- 10.15 Making the case for your research: Peter West-Oram, winner of the University of Birmingham Three-Minute Thesis competition
- 11 Networking
- 11.45 Advice from our academic staff
- 12.45 Lunch
- 13.30 Review of your PhD application
- 14.30 Café PhD – Q&A with current AHRC-funded students
- 15.30 Close
We would ask you to come prepared with a draft of your PhD application and funding application which you can refine further using advice and information shared during the event. You will have an opportunity to obtain advice and ask specific questions related to your application during the afternoon review session.