There are five key steps to consider when making your application to study a postgraduate course in the College of Arts and Law.
1. Choose your course using Coursefinder
To apply for your postgraduate course at the University of Birmingham, you must use our Coursefinder. By clicking on the specific course you wish to apply for you will be directed to an application specifically designed for your course which will guide you through the process of compiling and submitting your application and supporting documents online.
Your application is specifically designed for the course you choose to apply for and it is sensitive to the answers you provide as you proceed through the application. See application guidance notes.
Once you have submitted an online application you will be sent details of how to enter your applicant portal. This portal will allow you to send and receive communications with the University. It will also enable you to track the progress of your application at every stage of the admissions process, update your personal information, view decisions and accept any offers you may receive.
2. Consider whether you meet the entry requirements:
3. Check the specific course entry requirements, which can be found on individual course listings in our Coursefinder
4. Contact the department if you need any advice about a particular course for example, if you need advice on which specific course to apply for
5. Consider the supporting documents you might need to upload as part of your application (see below)
If you have difficulties with any aspect of the application process, please contact: