Welcome to your Chemical Engineering Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Chemical Engineering and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
- The guillemot bird and their remarkable eggs have been making the headlines lately. Former Birmingham bio-scientist Dr Steve Portugal and current Chemical Engineer Dr James Bowen reveal insights into the discovery and their impressions about these beguiling birds.
- A round-up of new Chemical Engineering faculty in 2013.
- Birmingham Fellow Dr Etienne Baranoff sheds light on his ground-breaking work into luminescence. From the everyday organic-LEDs that enable you to read these very words on the screen, to the cutting-edge Light-emitting Electrochemical Cells that may soon be illuminating our homes and towns, this is a fascinating insight into the history and future of light—and it may just give you a newfound respect for the humble bulb.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Stephen Watson
- Principal, Arthur D. Little, BEng Chemical Engineering (1991)
- James Vincent
- Cementing Technical Specialist, MEng Chemical Engineering, 2008
- Peter Fergusson
- Senior Carbon Consultant, Bssec ltd, Ph.D. Biotechnology (1973)
- Geoffrey Hamer
- Hon. Secretary, Biofocus Foundation, Ph.D. Biochemical Engeneerig (1962), B.Sc. Chemical Engeneering (1959)