Welcome to your Chemical Engineering Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Chemical Engineering and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
- The Birmingham University Chemical Engineering Society (BUCES) has had a very busy year. Read more about what they've been up to.
- A round-up of new Chemical Engineering faculty July-November 2013.
- Drs James Andrews, James Bowen and David Cheneler have developed a model which ensures accurate measurement of the mechanical properties of soft materials. Description of the behaviour of biological tissues, individual cells, and organic polymers has applications in cancer detection, tissue engineering and biomedical research. Their model applies to a wide range of instrumental techniques, from millimetre-scale mechanical testers to nanometre-scale optical tweezers.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Elizabeth Riddington
- Electronic Flight Bag Deployment Manager, The Boeing Company
- Tim Highfield
- Offshore Technology Manager, CB&I
- Stephen Watson
- Principal, Arthur D. Little, BEng Chemical Engineering (1991)
- James Vincent
- Cementing Technical Specialist, MEng Chemical Engineering, 2008