Welcome to your Chemical Engineering Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Chemical Engineering and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
- Professor Paula Mendes delivered her inaugural lecture on nanotechnology and her vision to open an untravelled path in the successful diagnosis of many devastating human diseases, such as cancer, cardiovascular and neurodegenerative diseases.
- There are two types of perfume in the world: the fast turnover celebrity perfumes, designed to hit the market and make profits before a star's capital wanes; and the timeless classics, with their expensive ingredients and loyal followings. While the names endure, many of the ingredients and quantities have changed over time.
- From its inception in 1961, Frank Morton has grown from a football match between the Chemical Engineering departments at the Universities of Birmingham and Manchester, to comprising of 19 sports with 26 universities consistently participating. Over the previous years, the event has been hosted all across the UK from Swansea to Newcastle to Strathclyde. It is with great pleasure that we can announce, that after a successful bid in March 2014, the University of Birmingham will be hosting the next Frank Morton on 17 February 2015.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Stephen Watson
- Principal, Arthur D. Little, BEng Chemical Engineering (1991)
- James Vincent
- Cementing Technical Specialist, MEng Chemical Engineering, 2008
- Peter Fergusson
- Senior Carbon Consultant, Bssec ltd, Ph.D. Biotechnology (1973)
- Geoffrey Hamer
- Hon. Secretary, Biofocus Foundation, Ph.D. Biochemical Engeneerig (1962), B.Sc. Chemical Engeneering (1959)