Welcome to your Chemical Engineering Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Chemical Engineering and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
- A round-up of new Chemical Engineering faculty July-November 2013.
- Drs James Andrews, James Bowen and David Cheneler have developed a model which ensures accurate measurement of the mechanical properties of soft materials. Description of the behaviour of biological tissues, individual cells, and organic polymers has applications in cancer detection, tissue engineering and biomedical research. Their model applies to a wide range of instrumental techniques, from millimetre-scale mechanical testers to nanometre-scale optical tweezers.
- Irresistible Materialsis a spinout company from the University of Birmingham that began operations in 2010 and aims to commercialise novel fullerene materials for applications in the semiconductor industry. It was formed by the entrepreneur and alumnus David Ure together with the three academic founders: Dr Alex Robinson, Professor Jon Preece, and Professor Richard Palmer. Dr.Robinson explains the team's research and the journey from idea to business.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- James Vincent
- Cementing Technical Specialist, MEng Chemical Engineering, 2008
- Peter Fergusson
- Senior Carbon Consultant, Bssec ltd, Ph.D. Biotechnology (1973)
- Geoffrey Hamer
- Hon. Secretary, Biofocus Foundation, Ph.D. Biochemical Engeneerig (1962), B.Sc. Chemical Engeneering (1959)
- Andrew Goddard
- Technical Manager Organics Viridor Waste Management ltd, Ph.D Biotechnology (1990), MSc Biotechnology (1983)