Welcome to your Chemical Engineering Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Chemical Engineering and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
- The Birmingham University Chemical Engineering Society (BUCES) has had a very busy year. Read more about what they've been up to.
- College Best Publication Award. John S. Fossey (Chemistry), Paula Mendes (Chemical Engineering) and others from the University Birmingham, UK, along with collaborators at the University of Bath (Tony James), UK, and at the East China University of Science and Technology (Yitao Long), China, produced two back to back papers on the development of glucose sensors, which appeared in Analyst.
- Interview with Birmingham Fellow, Pola Goldberg Oppenheimer: Pola leads a research group focusing on Advanced Materials, Structures and Applications (AMSA) in the School of Chemical Engineering. This summer, she will address listeners at the 2014 Soapbox Science event at London's Southbank having been selected as a leading UK female scientist.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Kalbinder Singh Sandhu
- Biosciences Sales Specialist, Fisher Scientific UK (PhD Chemical Engineering 2007)
- Elizabeth Riddington
- Electronic Flight Bag Deployment Manager, The Boeing Company
- Tim Highfield
- Offshore Technology Manager, CB&I
- Stephen Watson
- Principal, Arthur D. Little, BEng Chemical Engineering (1991)