Welcome to your Chemical Engineering Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Chemical Engineering and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
- Irresistible Materialsis a spinout company from the University of Birmingham that began operations in 2010 and aims to commercialise novel fullerene materials for applications in the semiconductor industry. It was formed by the entrepreneur and alumnus David Ure together with the three academic founders: Dr Alex Robinson, Professor Jon Preece, and Professor Richard Palmer. Dr.Robinson explains the team's research and the journey from idea to business.
- The guillemot bird and their remarkable eggs have been making the headlines lately. Former Birmingham bio-scientist Dr Steve Portugal and current Chemical Engineer Dr James Bowen reveal insights into the discovery and their impressions about these beguiling birds.
- A round-up of new Chemical Engineering faculty in 2013.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Geoffrey Hamer
- Hon. Secretary, Biofocus Foundation, Ph.D. Biochemical Engeneerig (1962), B.Sc. Chemical Engeneering (1959)
- Andrew Goddard
- Technical Manager Organics Viridor Waste Management ltd, Ph.D Biotechnology (1990), MSc Biotechnology (1983)
- David Dimeloe
- Chairman, Mackwell Electronics Ltd, PhD Chemical Engineering 1971