Welcome to your Chemical Engineering Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Chemical Engineering and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
- The Birmingham University Chemical Engineering Society (BUCES) has had a very busy year. Read more about what they've been up to.
- The receptor contains a glucose selective chemosensor unit and a surface anchoring unit, which allows selective detection of glucose. This system has the unique capacity to label-free and allows detection of molecular interactions in real time with high sensitivity
- Interview with Birmingham Fellow, Pola Goldberg Oppenheimer: Pola leads a research group focusing on Advanced Materials, Structures and Applications (AMSA) in the School of Chemical Engineering. This summer, she will address listeners at the 2014 Soapbox Science event at London's Southbank having been selected as a leading UK female scientist.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Stephen Watson
- Principal, Arthur D. Little, BEng Chemical Engineering (1991)
- James Vincent
- Cementing Technical Specialist, MEng Chemical Engineering, 2008
- Peter Fergusson
- Senior Carbon Consultant, Bssec ltd, Ph.D. Biotechnology (1973)
- Geoffrey Hamer
- Hon. Secretary, Biofocus Foundation, Ph.D. Biochemical Engeneerig (1962), B.Sc. Chemical Engeneering (1959)