Welcome to your Chemistry Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Chemistry and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
You are welcome to attend our seminars that take place regularly during term time. Keep an eye on our events page for details of forthcoming talks.
- Four Nuclear Engineering students visited Xiamen, China, in June to participate in the Clean Energy Science and Technology Summer School.
- Staff at the School of Chemistry at the University of Birmingham celebrated the installation of new equipment yesterday (21 July 2014) as a result of a £1 million award from the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council's core capability grant, and match funding from the University in excess of £500,000.
- Take a hard look at the painful process of de-carbonising the UK's electricity supply, and it's clear that the options on the table are not great.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Barry Hill
- Director, Micro Research Limited, PhD Chemistry (1983)
- John Guy
- Education Consultant and Senior Advisor, University of Cambridge International Examinations, BSc (Class I) 1971, Chemistry ; PhD 1974 (Chemistry)
- Alan Barber
- Former Category Issues Manager, Unilever, PhD Chemistry (1976), BSc Chemistry (1972)
- Matthew Barton
- Partner, Forresters, BSc. (Hons) Chemistry with Analytical Science (1998), PhD Chemistry (2001)