Welcome to your Chemistry Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Chemistry and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
You are welcome to attend our seminars that take place regularly during term time. Keep an eye on our events page for details of forthcoming talks.
- The University's 300,000th student will graduate this summer and join our alumni community. To celebrate this occasion we asked staff and students for nominations for our 300,000th alumni and our Top 12 Alumni to watch. Final year Chemistry student Carly Thomas is one of those and we will be following her journey through her final months as a student and into graduate life.
- Dr Simon Cotton podcast for The Royal Society of Chemistry: The Chemistry of Prozac.
- The Women in Science and Engineering (WISE) Society are the newest student group to join the EPS Community. They work to provide as many events and opportunities as possible to members across the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences to integrate, form networks and to help inspire the next generation of female scientists and engineers. Annabel Fitzgerald tells us more.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Matthew Barton
- Partner, Forresters, BSc. (Hons) Chemistry with Analytical Science (1998), PhD Chemistry (2001)
- Stuart James Cantrill
- Chief Editor, Nature Chemistry at Nature Publishing Group, BSc in Chemistry and Bioorganic Chemistry, 1996, MPhil in Chemistry, 1997