Welcome to your Chemistry Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Chemistry and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
You are welcome to attend our seminars that take place regularly during term time. Keep an eye on our events page for details of forthcoming talks.
- It's been a busy year for the Women in Science and Engineering (WISE) Society, as they work to provide as many events and opportunities as possible to members across the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences to integrate, form networks and to help inspire the next generation of female scientists and engineers. The committee tell us more.
- The University of Birmingham hosted the 2015 Fuel Cell & Hydrogen Technical Conference at the Millennium Point in Birmingham on Tuesday 19 - Thursday 21 May 2015. The conference brought together experts in fuel cell and hydrogen research and application from across Europe to discuss the technical developments and trends within the science and technology industry.
- Professor Nigel Simpkins, the University of Birmingham's Haworth Chair of Chemistry, has had a paper published in the Royal Society of Chemistry journal Chemical Science, entitled 'Highly enantioselective access to diketopiperazines via cinchona alkaloid catalysed Michael additions'. The paper, co-authored with Alejandro Cabanillas, Christopher D Davies and Louise Male, is the result of a collaborative PhD studentship with AstraZeneca, which is continuing the collaboration with both a new studentship and a postdoctoral researcher who will work at the AstraZeneca site near Manchester.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Samantha Brown
- Marketing Manager, InnospecBSc Chemistry (1997), PhD Synthetic Organic Chemistry (2001)
- Barry Hill
- Director, Micro Research Limited, PhD Chemistry (1983)
- John Guy
- Education Consultant and Senior Advisor, University of Cambridge International Examinations, BSc (Class I) 1971, Chemistry ; PhD 1974 (Chemistry)
- Alan Barber
- Former Category Issues Manager, Unilever, PhD Chemistry (1976), BSc Chemistry (1972)