Welcome to your Chemistry Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Chemistry and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
You are welcome to attend our seminars that take place regularly during term time. Keep an eye on our events page for details of forthcoming talks.
- Take a hard look at the painful process of de-carbonising the UK's electricity supply, and it's clear that the options on the table are not great.
- For years humans have searched for medicines in nature. While some seek "natural cures" in order to avoid chemicals, in truth everything is made up of chemistry. But as humans, we're very good at manipulating what we find in nature – either through intention or accident.
- College Best Publication Award. John S. Fossey (Chemistry), Paula Mendes (Chemical Engineering) and others from the University Birmingham, UK, along with collaborators at the University of Bath (Tony James), UK, and at the East China University of Science and Technology (Yitao Long), China, produced two back to back papers on the development of glucose sensors, which appeared in Analyst.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Matthew Barton
- Partner, Forresters, BSc. (Hons) Chemistry with Analytical Science (1998), PhD Chemistry (2001)
- Stuart James Cantrill
- Chief Editor, Nature Chemistry at Nature Publishing Group, BSc in Chemistry and Bioorganic Chemistry, 1996, MPhil in Chemistry, 1997