School of Chemistry
Visiting Lecturer in Analytical Chemistry
- School of Chemistry
University of Birmingham
- Instrumental methods of trace analysis and chemical analysis on the microgram scale
- Interest in the application of such methods to forensic chemical analysis.
- The isolation, fractionation and characterisation of components of soil organic matter – so called humic substances.
- Nuclear methods of analysis, especially radioactivation analysis.
- Honorary Visiting Lecturer in Analytical Chemistry, 2004, University of Birmingham.
- Lecturer in Analytical Chemistry, 1970, University of Birmingham.
- Senior Research Associate in Applied Nuclear Science, 1966, University of Birmingham.
- Assistant Lecturer in Analytical Chemistry, 1964, Queen’s University, Belfast.
- Coordinates and contributes to Year 3 Module: Advanced Chemical Analysis
- Chartered Chemist
- International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry Division (V), Membership 1986-93
- Commission V.1 Secretary, General Aspects of Analytical Chemistry 1989-93
- Steering Committee on Analytical Nomenclature 1991-93
- Membership, Royal Society of Chemistry, 1961
- Membership, Forensic Science Society, 2004
- Membership, International Humic Substances Society
- Visiting lecturer, University College Cork, Forensic Chemistry Module, BSc in Forensic Science 2007