Welcome to your Civil Engineering Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Civil Engineering and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
- The 2013 Autumn Semester has seen Engineers Without Borders Birmingham take up a long-term international development project with Southampton-based Cameroon Catalyst. Since 2009 the group has undertaken yearly design projects that are delivered to the village of Bambouti in Cameroon. In early 2013 they approached EWB Birmingham with the view to expand throughout the UK and Birmingham.
- A round-up of new Civil Engineering faculty July-November 2013.
- The EWB Birmingham Society have hit the ground running this year with a full calendar of events including a Cameroon Catalyst project launch. Branch Vice-President David Streather updates us on the year so far.
- Wind turbines create controversy almost everywhere they are built: people don't like the size, the noise, the threat to birds and the despoiling of the countryside. Dr Charalampos (Lambis) Baniotopoulos, Professor of Sustainable Energy Systems at the School of Civil Engineering, is one of Europe's leading academics on wind energy technology infrastructure.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Kehinde Oduyemi
- Director of Academic Programmes; University of Abertay Dundee, PhD Civil Engineering (1987)
- George Chapman
- Retired, BSc Civil Engineering (1961), PhD Civil Engineering (1964), Diploma of Management Studies (1970)