Welcome to your Civil Engineering Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Civil Engineering and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
- Rieke announces new scholarships and placement opportunities for undergraduate students due to commence their studies in September 2015 from Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electronic, Electrical and Systems Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
- The past few decades have seen major building collapses, such as Ronan Point, London, the World Trade Center and 130 Liberty Street in New York, caused by various factors but with one common point – the unexpected nature of the events and the accidental loading that triggered the sequence of the collapse. Birmingham's Charalampos Baniotopoulos, Professor of Sustainable Energy Systems at the School of Civil Engineering, is one of Europe's top researchers working on how to make structures and buildings more robust. Indeed, his research is aimed at being incorporated into the next generation of Eurocodes.
- Cutting-edge research carried out by Birmingham's Professor John Bridgeman could make a significant difference: he and his team have been working on a quick, novel and robust way of determining water quality, and have developed an optical water-testing device that has the potential to save millions of lives.
- A round-up of new Civil Engineering faculty November 2014 – February 2015
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Momodou Senghore
- Managing Director, National Roads Authority (MSc in Road Management and Engineering 2011)
- Giannis Kallika
- Graduate Geotechnical Engineer, URS (MEng Civil and Energy Engineering 2013)
- Clare Breckin
- Senior Engineer, Devon County Council (MSc Road Management and Engineering 2013)
- Professor Dr Low Sui Pheng
- Director of the Centre for Project Management & Construction Law, National University of Singapore