Welcome to your Civil Engineering Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Civil Engineering and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
- Two graduates from the School of Civil Engineering recently received the high accolade of being shortlisted for the Ground Engineering's Young Geotechnical Engineer award 2014. Janvi Shah was announced as the winner and Chris Shaw was highly commended at a prestigious awards ceremony, which took place in May.
- Professor Charalampos Baniotopoulos, Chair of Sustainable Energy Systems and Director of the Resilience Centre in the School of Civil Engineering was awarded the title of Honorary Professor of the Jordan University of Science and Technology (JUST), last month.
- A round-up of new Civil Engineering faculty November 2013 – March 2014.
- The 2013 Autumn Semester has seen Engineers Without Borders Birmingham take up a long-term international development project with Southampton-based Cameroon Catalyst. Since 2009 the group has undertaken yearly design projects that are delivered to the village of Bambouti in Cameroon. In early 2013 they approached EWB Birmingham with the view to expand throughout the UK and Birmingham.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Professor Dr Low Sui Pheng
- Director of the Centre for Project Management & Construction Law, National University of Singapore
- James Murray
- Project Manager, AECOM (MSc Construction management 2013)
- Kehinde Oduyemi
- Director of Academic Programmes; University of Abertay Dundee, PhD Civil Engineering (1987)
- George Chapman
- Retired, BSc Civil Engineering (1961), PhD Civil Engineering (1964), Diploma of Management Studies (1970)