Welcome to your Civil Engineering Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Civil Engineering and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
- The School of Civil Engineering launched the brand new 'Rural Roads for Development' programme this autumn as part of its portfolio of professional development courses.
- Lodging, the term used to describe the flattening effect of high wind speeds and heavy rainfall on trees or crops, has a significant economic impact on the UK crop industry. Research in the School of Civil Engineering seeks to make recommendations for improvements in the agricultural industry to reduce the sometimes devastating effects.
- The vast network of utility services buried underground is fundamental to the way we live today, however around 4 million holes are dug into UK roads each year resulting in traffic disruption, high costs and wasted man hours. Not only this, inaccurate, incomplete and/or out-of-date information on the existence and location of utility assets poses problems for new construction or rehabilitation works and many projects don't go according to plan. Dr Nicole Metje, School of Civil Engineering, has spent nearly two years as the academic advisor for a dedicated committee working on the development of a Publicly Available Specification (PAS) project, which sought to address some of these challenges.
- A round-up of new Civil Engineering faculty March - July 2014.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Momodou Senghore
- Managing Director, National Roads Authority (MSc in Road Management and Engineering 2011)
- Giannis Kallika
- Graduate Geotechnical Engineer, URS (MEng Civil and Energy Engineering 2013)
- Clare Breckin
- Senior Engineer, Devon County Council (MSc Road Management and Engineering 2013)
- Professor Dr Low Sui Pheng
- Director of the Centre for Project Management & Construction Law, National University of Singapore