Welcome to your Civil Engineering Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Civil Engineering and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
- CivSoc are having a terrific year with a new committee eager to get involved as much as possible with both the students and the School. Becky Drew, Treasurer, & Chris Redshaw, Social and Sports Secretary tell us more.
- EPSRC invested in a major multidisciplinary, multi-university project to prove the concept of technologies that could explore the underworld of buried pipes, cables and utilities beneath our feet in 2005. Since then a team of Birmingham civil engineers have played an important role in developing multi-sensor approaches to map underground utility systems as part of the 'Mapping the Underworld' project.
- A round-up of new Civil Engineering faculty March - July 2014.
- The School of Civil Engineering launched the brand new 'Rural Roads for Development' programme this autumn as part of its portfolio of professional development courses.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Momodou Senghore
- Managing Director, National Roads Authority (MSc in Road Management and Engineering 2011)
- Giannis Kallika
- Graduate Geotechnical Engineer, URS (MEng Civil and Energy Engineering 2013)
- Clare Breckin
- Senior Engineer, Devon County Council (MSc Road Management and Engineering 2013)
- Professor Dr Low Sui Pheng
- Director of the Centre for Project Management & Construction Law, National University of Singapore