Welcome to your Civil Engineering Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Civil Engineering and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
- A round-up of new Civil Engineering faculty July-November 2013.
- The EWB Birmingham Society have hit the ground running this year with a full calendar of events including a Cameroon Catalyst project launch. Branch Vice-President David Streather updates us on the year so far.
- Wind turbines create controversy almost everywhere they are built: people don't like the size, the noise, the threat to birds and the despoiling of the countryside. Dr Charalampos (Lambis) Baniotopoulos, Professor of Sustainable Energy Systems at the School of Civil Engineering, is one of Europe's leading academics on wind energy technology infrastructure.
- The Beale Lecture Series is a programme introduced this year by the School of Civil Engineering aimed at enriching the Civil-Engineering experience by giving students (you) an insight into life in the working world and into what you might be doing once you leave university.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Giannis Kallika
- Graduate Geotechnical Engineer, URS (MEng Civil and Energy Engineering 2013)
- Clare Breckin
- Senior Engineer, Devon County Council (MSc Road Management and Engineering 2013)
- Professor Dr Low Sui Pheng
- Director of the Centre for Project Management & Construction Law, National University of Singapore
- James Murray
- Project Manager, AECOM (MSc Construction management 2013)