Topics presented at recent invited plenary talks include:
- Teachers in curriculum change (Chile);
- Innovation and change (Russia);
- ESP and innovation (Syria);
- Curriculum innovation (Mexico);
- Leadership and innovation (Uzbekistan);
- Learners and teachers in innovation (Turkey);
- Language policy and development (Bangladesh);
- Investigating linguistic landscapes (Malaysia).
I have also presented at various international conferences on genre, learner corpora, language awareness, feedback in writing assessment, and linguistic landscapes.
I have conducted ELT consultancies and courses for Education Ministries, the British Council, and DfiD in over 50 countries, the most recent being ELT policy evaluation consultancies in North Korea, Iran, and Turkey.
I have been an external evaluator for several universities in UK and overseas for degree accreditation, and been an external adviser on university audit and evaluation Panels, and appointment Boards