Our research activities include studies of policy, practice and provision to meet a diversity of learner needs as well as research which focuses on specific aspects of disability. We also have two dedicated research centres - the The Autism Centre for Education and Research (ACER) and the Visual Impairment Centre for Teaching And Research (VICTAR).
Our research focuses on:
- Policy and theoretical analyses of schools, systems and support structures
- Developing methods and methodologies, particularly participatory research and the use of innovative technologies
- Language and literacy
- Cognitive and developmental needs
- Professional development, particularly with reference to e-learning
- The circumstances and needs of particular special educational needs and disability groups