Welcome to your EECE Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Electronic, Electrical and Computer Engineering and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
- New EECE student, Roxane Heaton, shares of why she has chosen to study at Birmingham
- Staff and students from the School of EECE have been conducting investigations of field-based Augmented Reality
- Chris Baber, Head of School of Electronic, Electrical and Computer Engineering, shares about advances in smart phone technology
- In this second extract, Kevin Sperin, a second year MEng Electrical and Energy Engineering student currently undertaking a 12-month technical placement at the European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN) in Switzerland, reveals more about life on the inside. From bumping into Professor Cox in the pub, to working in cryogenic labs, to heated debates about the place of evolution in science, it's a fascinating insight into the workings of the world's most daring science experiment.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- James Chu
- Managing Director – Investments, Incapital Europe Limited, PhD Electronic Engineering (1993), BEng Electronic & Communication Engineering (1989)
- Sean McMitchell
- Research Fellow, Warwick University, PhD Electronic Engineering (2008