Welcome to your EESE Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Electronic, Electrical and Systems Engineering and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
- The final barrier preventing energy suppliers making the switch from AC power grids to faster, more efficient DC systems could now be removed, thanks to research carried out at the School of Electronic, Electrical and Systems Engineering.
- Paul Cannon OBE, Professor of Radio Science in the School of Electronic Electrical and Systems Engineering, has been appointed President of the International Union of Radio Science (URSI) and also a member of the Defence Scientific Advisory Council.
- A round-up of new Electronic, Electrical and Systems Engineering staff March - July 2014
- College best publication: New types of very high performance filters based on novel materials such as superconductors or ferroelectric and/or new fabrication technologies such as micromachined circuits are transforming everyday lives from broadcast, television and mobile phone communications technology to internet infrastructure, weather prediction.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Hamzah Salem
- Technical Analyst, Goldman Sachs (BSc Artificial Intelligence with Computer Science with a Year in Industry 2013)
- James Chu
- Managing Director – Investments, Incapital Europe Limited, PhD Electronic Engineering (1993), BEng Electronic & Communication Engineering (1989)
- Sean McMitchell
- Research Fellow, Warwick University, PhD Electronic Engineering (2008