Our MSc programmes are very popular and competition for places remains strong. To help the applicant, typical entry requirements from a number of countries are listed in the table below. Our standard entry requirements are a minimum of a 2(i) undergraduate degree in a related subject from recognised university. We also do take any relevant work experience into account. Please note that it is meant to be a guide only and if you are in doubt or your country is not listed then please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We can offer advice on eligibility. Any applicants with relevant industrial experience are encouraged to apply as we take account of work experience in considering their suitability.
Country admission criteria
- China - Top 200 University (Netbig rankings) 80% or more.
- Greece - Score 8 or higher out of 10 - TEI, Score 7 or higher out of 10 - AEI
- India - First, with First class marks throughout the degree programme
- Iran - 14.0 out of 20 or more
- Iraq – Recognised University with over 75%
- Pakistan - First, with First class marks throughout the degree programme
- Palestine - 70% or higher
- Mexico - 70% or higher
- Nigeria - First Class or good Upper Second
- UK - Universities Depends on institution attended
Note that the above entry requirements apply to graduates of institution of High International Standing in accordance with the UK NARIC and the University of Birmingham’s own guidelines. Please note that due to the differences in education systems between countries, a II(i) in some countries or Universities may not necessarily be equivalent to a II(i) from the UK.
English language requirements
Minimum English Language requirements for overseas students are listed below.
- IELTS 6.0 (no less than 5.5 in any band)
- Please contact us on email@example.com if you are uncertain about the English Language requirements.