12. Cherns, L. Wheeley, J.R., Popov, L.E. Ghobadi Pour, M. Owens, R.M. and Hemsley, A.R. in press. Long period orbital climate forcing in the early Palaeozoic? Journal of the Geological Society of London.
11. Price, G.D., Twitchett, R.J., Wheeley, J.R. & Buono, G. 2013. Isotopic evidence for long term warmth in the Mesozoic. Scientific Reports 3, 1438; DOI:10.1038/srep01438
10. Wheeley, J.R., Smith, M.P. and Boomer, I. 2012. Oxygen isotope variability in conodonts: implications for reconstructing Palaeozoic palaeoclimates and palaeoceanography. Journal of the Geological Society, London, 169, 239-250.
9. Hao Wang, Longyi Shao, Liming Hao, Pengfi Zhang, Glasspool, I.J., Wheeley, J.R., Wignall, P.B. and Hilton, J. 2011. Palaeoenvironments, stratigraphy and sequence stratigraphy of the Lopingian (Permian) coal measures in southwestern China. International Journal of Coal Geology 85, 168-183.
8. Cherns, L., Wheeley, J.R., and Wright, V.P. 2011. Taphonomic bias in shelly faunas through time: Early aragonite dissolution and its implications for the fossil record. In Allison, P.A. & Bottjer, D.J. (eds.) Taphonomy, Second Edition: Process and Bias Through Time. Topics in Geobiology 32. Springer, pp. 79-105.
7. Cherns, L. and Wheeley, J.R. 2009. Early Palaeozoic cooling events: peri-Gondwana and beyond. In Bassett, M.G. (ed.) Early Palaeozoic Peri-Gondwanan Terranes: New Insights from Tectonics and Biogeography. The Geological Society, London, Special Publications, 325, 256-278.
6. Cherns, L., Wheeley, J.R. and Wright, V.P. 2008. Taphonomic windows and molluscan preservation. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 270, 220-229.
5. Wheeley, J.R., Cherns, L. and Wright, V.P.2008. Provenance of microcrystalline carbonate cement in limestone-marl alternations: Aragonite mud or molluscs? Journal of the Geological Society, London165, 395-403.
4. Cherns, L. and Wheeley, J.R. 2007. A pre-Hirnantian (Late Ordovician) interval of global cooling – The ‘Boda event’ re-assessed. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology251, 449-460.
3. Cherns, L.,* Wheeley, J.R.* and Karis, L. 2006. Tunneling trilobites: habitual infaunalism in an Ordovician carbonate seafloor. Geology 34, 657-660. (*joint first authors)
2. Wheeley, J.R. and Twitchett, R.J. 2005. Palaeoecological significance of a new Griesbachian (Early Triassic) gastropod fauna from Oman. Lethaia 38, 37-45.
1. Twitchett, R.J., Krystyn, L., Baud, A., Wheeley, J.R. and Richoz, S. 2004. Rapid marine recovery after the end-Permian extinction event in the absence of marine anoxia. Geology 32, 805-808.