The University of Birmingham requests that all applicants use the online application form.
If you cannot access the online form, then please contact IDD's Postgraduate Office directly for an application form:
Debra Beard, Postgraduate Admissions Manager:
Email: email@example.com, Tel: +44 (0)121 414 5034
MSc and MA
- An Upper Second Class Honours degree or equivalent from an approved university or an equivalent professional qualification in a relevant field (the equivalent US Grade Point Average is 3.0).
- A Lower Second Class Honours degree from an approved university with excellent work experience.
- Adequate capacity in written and spoken English. For those whose first language is not English, evidence of this capacity is required. Applicants should reach at least level 6.5 in the IELTS.
- The University's own English for International Students Unit (British Council accredited) offers further training to on-campus students if extra support is required before and throughout the academic year.
- Great importance is placed on work experience.
The Graduate Diploma provides entry for applicants without the required qualifications and / or work experience required for direct entry onto the MSc Course.
Graduate Diploma students will be considered on a case by case basis.
In some cases, students who have applied for the MSc will be offered the Graduate Diploma route instead when their qualifications are not considered to meet admissions requirements.
Some students may prefer instead to consider the two-year on-campus masters programme offered through collaboration between IDD and the English for International Students Unit. This programme gives students a strong first-year grounding in English and study skills, as well as further subject-relevant study.