GSDRC / DLP job vacancy: Research Administrator
This full-time role involves joining GSDRC and the Developmental Leadership Program (DLP) at an exciting time of expansion for both of these high-profile research initiatives. The role will be based at IDD – a friendly and vibrant department with a 50-year history of conducting influential research, teaching and consultancy.
The research administrator will take responsibility for day-to-day project administration, progress tracking, reporting, and general administrative support. The role will involve the following main duties:
- Financial, contract, and administrative transactions: Manage expense claims, check charges for accommodation etc are accurately invoiced and ensure claims for payment are ready for authorization. Arrange the purchase of publications and other miscellaneous items. Arrange casual work contracts for external specialists as directed.
- Project tracking and progress reporting: Create and maintain project schedules and maintain records of project activities. Produce project progress reports and year-end reports for external funders and for internal needs. Create reports from standard systems, generating queries from University research returns, including uploading relevant data onto the PURE system.
- Project team administrative support: Service project teams and steering group meetings by coordinating and distributing agendas, taking and circulating minutes, ensuring follow-up action is taken. Ensure that lists of key contacts are developed and maintained. Proofread work done by others.
- Project development support: Assist in writing, costing and pricing proposals.
- Research support: Arrange for interview material to be transcribed or typed and collating associated documentation.
- Organising events: Make arrangements for DLP and GSDRC events including catering, accommodation, paperwork etc.
- Diary management and travel arrangements.
This is a fixed-term contract until 30th June 2014 (although additional funding is likely to be secured for a further three years). Application deadline: 04 November 2013. See full details of this role.